Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Panadapter?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Panadapter?
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:56:39 -0500
The OMNI-VI an OMNI-VI+ lack the easy access to the antenna receive loop
which is in the OMNI-V and earlier TT transceivers in the form of a
selectable aux antenna / aux receiver jack.  There's probably a way to mod
the aux receive antenna connection in the OMNI-VI for a SDR panadapter but
the connection to the receive loop and transmit protection is a concern.

The OMNI-VII can take a N4PY sub-rx modification, which is simply
re-terminating one internal sub-miniature coaxial cable, then routing and
terminating two sub-miniature coaxial cables supplied by Ten-Tec to the two
spare phono jacks on the rear panel of the OMNI-VII.  Connect a two male to
one female phono "Y" adapter and your favorite SDR or FLEX-1500 and you have
a panadapter.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M