[TenTec] FINGER TIGHT PL259

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FINGER TIGHT PL259
From: Rich Jones <michjonezee@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
This will probably bring some sneers from those who wrench tighten their UHF
connectors.  I only use Amphenol connectors and years ago purchased a half
dozen Amphenol 083-55PApush-on SO-259  adapter/connectors. I like them because
here in SE Michigan we have lots of  lightening storms and these allow a quick
disconnect from the antenna to the Alpha Delta coax switch which have long
threaded connectors.  I am currently using them in QRP conditions, and yes, I
am sure I have some loss but I don't find them a handicap.  Of course I make
sure the PL-259 is connected properly to the slide on adapter. I have never
used a wrench on the connectors, but I am sure it doesn't do any harm if done
with care. By the way, these are very handy with the antenna analyzer too.  73,
Rich K8UV