[TenTec] Omni A Series B FS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni A Series B FS
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:36:33 -0400 (EDT)
Guys,

Back in January I picked up an Omni A that was very dirty, and ended out
just needing a good cleaning to be presentable.  You may remember the  thread
"Under the Dirt, a Diamond".

I got the PTO unstuck, and it seems to tune very well.  Two other  issues
were the dial cord needing a restring, and the notch control being very
noisy and needing cleaning.  Now, with a daughter's wedding coming up,  and
about 10 other projects ahead of this one, I've decided to pass this nice  rig
along to someone who will do the final repairs and then enjoy the radio for
many years to come.

This is a very lightly used Omni A, and I can say that with great authority
 because I had mine for around 15 years and logged massive amounts of
contacts  and on-the-air time with it without incident.  To determine this to
be
a  low-use radio, I looked at two things, the overall appearance of the
panel and  knobs, and the crispness of the bandswitch.  The front panel on this
radio  is free of any visible blemishes, the knobs and chrome inserts are
shiney and  unworn.  I recall purchasing two complete knob sets from Ten Tec
just to  keep my old radio looking fresh.  I am certain these are the
original knobs and they are nicer than my original radio's  replacements when I
sold it.  After a gazillion band changes on my  original Omni A, the
bandswitch became very mushy and needed to be  wiggled around to make proper
contact
on some bands.  This radio changes  bands crisply and precisely.

Unfortunately, stuff was stacked on this radio, and there is a bad  gouge
toward the rear of the top panel.  The aluminum trim ring has some  light
scratches on it but is very nice.  There is no power cord, but there  is a CW
filter installed.  The tilt bail is missing, but I believe I still  have the
one from my original Omni A, I will look.  I'd give the Omni  A a 9 out of
10, the gouge being the only major visual detraction. The 252 MO  Power
Supply is a little beat up, but probably an 8 out 10.     Power supply lit up,
but I could not test it under load without the cable, might  need caps.

So, for $150.00 the radio and PS are yours.  I have a shipping  arrangement
with UPS and will get a very good rate for shipping.  I think  you'll enjoy
the radio, I'll shoot some pictures if necessary.

73, thanks for looking,

Paul K5AF