[TenTec] FALL EQUINOX, WITH SOME SUNSPOTS THIS TIME AROUND

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FALL EQUINOX, WITH SOME SUNSPOTS THIS TIME AROUND
From: "Jack Emerson" <w4tje@wiredog.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:05:28 -0400
OK, this is relevant, because I work dx on my Ten Tec radio.
With the fall equinox approaching, and now that we have some spots on the Sun,
here’s a fun way to jumpstart ur day:
Get on the air just before dawn, pick ur high band (mine is 15m), turn ur
antenna over the south pole, and try working Asian stations over the longpath.
This mng, with the k index at 0, I worked 6 JA’s on 15m cw before having to qrt
at 1113z for work. The band was full of Asian dx over the south pole. I see the
k index is still low, at 1, and the flux has risen slightly, so it should be
gud agn on Thursday mng.

This works for east coast U.S. I have no idea what guys and gals in other parts
of the country hear at their sunrise, but here on the east coast, condx for
longpath into Asia are excellent right now at local sunrise.

By the way, if you try this and work lots of Asian dx, pse give full credit to
me. If you rise early on this advice, only to find you missed gud sleep to hear
a dead band, I recuse myself from any and all blame.

Gud dx, 73 de Jack W4TJE
Fancy Gap, VA