Re: [TenTec] ARRL Reviews

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL Reviews
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:32:32 -0500
In addition to no phase noise, it is difficult to overload a PTO with many
strong signals as with a pile-up. I'm certain that the overload point for a
PTO is zero DBm or greater whereas many PLL circuits and downstream mixers
go into compression overload with multiple signals of -60 (negative sixty)
DBm or greater as in the big CW pile-ups.  There was a time when both a
OMNI-VI+ and my CORSAIR II shared the same antennas via the aux receiver
port of my CORSAIR II. That configuration made it very easy to compare the
two radios with A or B and A plus B listening; not much difference could be
heard at least with my ears except the CORSAIR II was easier to listen to.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M