Re: [TenTec] Earth those feeders

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Earth those feeders
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:13:44 -0400
Gee Jose...    my research tells me you want a very short ground
wire, and a stake as close to the shack as possible,  bonding that
to the domestic power supply / mains ground - usually by 4 or 6 gauge
wire or (better) copper strap.   You put ground stakes every x feet
(best to look that up before you do it)  and strap between each until
you bond your shack ground with the house ground.   Big job, but
supposed to be worth it.

Why is your ground wire/stake so far away from the shack?  Inside
shack?  Can you shorten it?   Sometimes, if not done right, those
longer ground wires turn into antennas and cause other RF problems.
Any way to shorten the distance?

Happy Trails.