[TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom 7000?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom 7000?
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:57:34 -0500
Yes, I know the 7000 covers more VHF bands, but at HF and 6m,
Does anyone have side by side operations comparisons?

I am aware of the receiver tests by Sherwood.  Good source.
I have seen some favorable comments about CW on the 7000, but imagine
the Eagle maintains Ten Tec's well deserved CW reputation re break in.

I know a new ham who is considering his first rig.  He is a rather
technical type of guy, and passed his first 3 practice Tech exams before
he started studying for his license.  Ie, he is well grounded in
electricity and physics.

I have already told him picking a new rig is very subjective, and
depends on his main interests in operating.  And above all, he should
try to try out a rig model first.

Thanks,
Stuart Rohre
K5KVH