Re: [TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom
From: "PTA_ABD" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:24:09 -0400
Never used an Eagle, but heard nice things about. Have used the '7000 ... Mr.
Fumblefingers does not like the menu system.  You wind up with a screen you
weren't expecting, and out comes the book to refresh your memory about which
buttons to push. Slow learner. Memory channel and memory bank knobs are
concentric, so when going from the 40m freq to 20m, you wind up on 432
moonbounce: always a treat when mobiling. Eventually you spin the knobs enough
to get where you want to be. However, the NR and NB work real good in my mobile
enviornment. Maybe I'm just disappointed in my fingers, which really don't work
well anymore.

Menus ... for rigs I've used .... K3 and Orion ... I don't need any manual. I'm
sure the other T-T rigs are designed in similar fashion. Consider it a big plus
when you don't have to decipher heiroglyphics!

Paul WB2ABD