Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 question
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 23:16:57 -0400
Every Argosy I sold came with 30 meters installed and working.

It was also advertised from the get-go as having 30 meters.  No footnotes
about "when the band is authorized".

By the phrasing of the original post, the implication is that his Argosy
lacks 30 meter capability altogether, not just a missing crystal.  It also
doesn't make sense that the crystal would be missing, as 30 meters also
doubles as 10 MHz WWV/WWVH receive, which was a nice perk as well.