[TenTec] The Corsair II Display Logic PCBs

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The Corsair II Display Logic PCBs
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:07:29 -0500
Folks,

    The Corsair II Display Logic PCBs came in on Monday.  I was out of town
at a funeral and got back late.  Today, I sent most all orders out.  The
only ones not sent were the ones who wanted me to build the board.  Those
will go out over the next few days.  For those who ordered kits, I included
some simple directions on how to build the board and also how to install it.
If you ordered the PCB only, I sent a parts list along with the board.  I
notice I have one error on the parts list, I left the two electrolytic
capacitors off of the list.  C7 should be a 1000uF at 25VDC electrolytic and
C9 is a 33uF at 25VDC electrolytic capacitor.  It is hard to see the
component designators on some of the small capacitors.  Please refer to
Steve Hunt's web page:

<http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/corsair_display/silkscreen.pdf>

to see the markings.  I have built one board to see how well the parts fit.
For the most part, they all fit well.  Some of the capacitors have a
distance between the legs of 0.1 inch and the holes on the PCB are a bit
wider apart.  You will just have to bend the legs a little to fit them into
the holes. It took me less than 1 hour to assemble the board and I am not
exceptionally fast.  The eyes are just not as good as they once were
although they are not bad for a guy who has been a diabetic for 42 years!
Have fun building the board.  It is a nice little kit.

73, Jerry W5JH