[TenTec] Steve Hunt's Corsair II Display Logic Board

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Steve Hunt's Corsair II Display Logic Board
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:16:02 -0500
Folks,

    Phil Chambley, K4DPK, suggested I remind everyone what the Display Logic
Board is.  He was concerned that some people might be confusing the logic
board with his products he sells.   So, if you know what it is, hit the
delete button now. ;-)  If not, here is the story.

The Corsair II is the greatest analog radio ever made (my humble opinion).
It has one flaw, the display logic board uses an IC that Ten Tec no longer
supports (remember, this is a 25 year old radio).  This IC fails
occasionally leaving the person with a perfectly working Corsair II without
a display.  What a terrible way to lose a good Corsair II.  Steve Hunt, our
English friend, decided to do something about the problem.  Steve designed a
replacement board using a pair of 16F84A PICs to do the function of the
original display logic board.  He was kind enough to lay out a PCB.  He
asked me to do a group buy.  Since I own a Corsair II, I was more than
willing to do so.  Steve's board is basically a drop in replacement.  It is
easy to build and easy to install since it is  a drop in replacement.  I am
selling the PCBs, programmed PIC chips, parts kits, and I will even build it
for you if needed.  I love my Corsair II and I want to keep it running for a
long time.  So, if you want to keep your Corsair Ii going for another ??
years, you need this board.  It is a cheap insurance policy.  If you are
interested, contact me at my email address shown above.

Thanks and 73, Jerry W5JH