Re: [TenTec] Eagle receiver on general coverage (was: new RX366 sub rece

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle receiver on general coverage (was: new RX366 sub receiver)
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:04:32 +0200
Hi,

When I first got my Eagle, while still living in Oklahoma, I did a quick
comparison to my Lowe HF-225, which is a pretty darn good GC receiver.

I didn't do much on the SWL bands, because the Eagle is supposed to work pretty
good up there.  I just tuned around for a couple of hours and found the
reception to be similar on both.

The medium wave (AM broadcast band) is supposed to have slightly degraded
performance. I liked listening to medium wave at night, so I compared the two
there.  Example: listening to WLS in Chicago.
I found the Eagle to be just as good.  I know that's not a very scientific test
but it is close enough to reality to be a good test.  After all, the reason we
buy these things is to use them, not to measure them.

73
Rick, DJ0IP