[TenTec] CW with O2, Fldigi, and SignaLink

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] CW with O2, Fldigi, and SignaLink
From: John K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 21:12:38 +0000
To those who offered help with my entry into digital modes, thanks... I
haven't pursued all of your advice yet but thought I'd see if I could
get the Kubuntu computer to interact with the O2 using CW.

With Fldigi set for OpMode = CW, and "CW" in the little box under the
frequency window, clicking on "CQ" causes the SignaLink red PTT
indicator to light, the Orion 2 carrier to come on, "CQ... de K3GHH..."
to appear in the Fldigi panes (black in the sent pane, red in the
receive), and the SignaLink relay to click out the Fldigi "CQ..." message.

But the O2 just puts out a steady carrier until Fldigi's "CQ" message
ends; it's not being keyed.

The Orion CW menu has "PTT in CW as: Key". I wired the SignaLink jumpers
as the TigerTronics Cables site shows for the Orion and O2: 1 to Mic, 2
to ground, 3 to PTT, and 4 to Spkr.

What am I missing? I hope the list isn't too long.

--
John K3GHH