Re: [TenTec] TT-253 Tuner Help?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT-253 Tuner Help?
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:40:52 -0600
I have a similar issue when using my 253 in auto-tune with my TH-7DXX on ten
meters, but it is apparently due to the frequency being tuned and the last
setting in memory. If I cycle the 253 off then on and then press both the L
and C rockers to sync the Capacitors and Inductor, wait til they finish and
then (auto) tune, it will work. On occasion, I may have to go through the
process several times or change the frequency but it will get it done.
Another thing to consider is the feed line length;  have you tried adding a
coaxial jumper to increase the feed line length to the antenna to change its
natural resonance and VSWR points?

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M