[TenTec] Connecting an OMNI VII to a USB port

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Connecting an OMNI VII to a USB port
From: Bill and Cindy <wb0o@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 13:18:28 -0800 (PST)
My old laptop with a serial port is on the way out. I'm not very good
with computers. So I've spent a lot of time trying to hook up an all USB
computer, and its not working...

My OMNI VII came with a Ten Tec RX320D USB to serial port adapter. The
driver software on the included CD does not load under Windows 7. Now
when I look at the Ten Tec website they offer a different looking device
than what I have, it says model #317 USB-Serial adapter. Is this what I
need?

The 712 digital adapter worked just fine on the old computer's single
USB port. On the new computer it receives just fine with N1MM/MMTTY,
but the device is not keying the OMNI VII PTT. Maybe I just need to
solve the first problem above?

Thanks, Bill KO7AA in Tucson