Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 01:35:46 -0500
I second Dave's motion on this one.   My QST collection dates from
1915 to the present and
I started collecting about 40 years ago.  I made sure I read each
batch I found before putting
in the bookshelf, as I knew I would not have time later.  This really
helped me understand
the progression from spark upward and provided an inkling of what our
predecessors went
through.

Out of all this the most fascinating thing I read was the 1930's
continuing column called,
"Switch to Safety."  It documented the accidents and deaths caused by
early disregard
of high voltages or safe construction practices.  The word pictures
sometime sent chills up
my spine.    Great lessons even for todays BA crowd.  Some stories
were actually funny
but for the tragedy depicted.

Great history!

Perry   w8au