Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:22:01 -0800
Okay - you reminded me of something that I need to do right away -
switch the remaining
issues of the CQ subscription to digital.  How did you manage to do the
conversion to PDF?
I thought that was one of the main gripes that guys had against the
digital subscription.
If I can do that, sold!  We both have Kindles and I have a Kindle and
Nook reader app on my
tablet and phone.  Whenever possible, we buy books in digital format to
keep from accumulating
any more than we have already.

BTW - CDs and DVDs aren't forever.  The media has a finite life, unless
you pay the price for
archival-quality media.  Then again, when the next great revolution in
storage media comes
along, will we be able to have the means to access the old media?  I'm
currently working on
converting all of my VHS tapes that were never available in DVD format
to DVD, because who
knows how much longer VHS players will be manufactured?

I'm using redundant hard drives as my storage medium, and may look into
some of these
cloud services for storage.  The hard drive hasn't changed significantly
since the first one
manufactured, other than in capacity and speed of access.  And the price
per gigabyte
is at an all-time low.

73 de Jim - AD6CW