Re: [TenTec] Anyone recently replace an Orion 565 LCD?

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone recently replace an Orion 565 LCD?
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:52:47 -0500
Barry,

No idea what TT service is providing for Orion display replacement but from
what you
describe it sounds like the display on the late production Jupiters.  You can
see pictures of
the Jupiter at the TT web site.  I have one here and have mixed emotions about
the blue
screen.  It seems to be a little more crisp and brighter but does not have as
much viewing
angle as the older Jupiter green screen.  When I have the Jupiter mounted at
approx eye
level or above it is very nice but when I have the Jupiter at desktop level it
is somewhat
washed out even at max contrast setting.

I don't like the Orion screen at all though and I imagine the blue screen would
be an
improvement.  Maybe someone who has one here will comment.

Of course all this is very subjective and evoke different responses from
different operators.
:-).

73,

-Lee-