Re: [TenTec] RX366, v3 firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366, v3 firmware
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:50:37 +0000
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM,  <amsctalx@comcast.net> wrote:
> I would like, though, to be able to switch the below-mentioned IF output
> between receivers and, assuming that isn't possible, connect the output to
> the main RX. Will there be a provision made for this capability in a
> potential factory-installed upgrade package?

With two essentially equally performing receivers, why continue to
think in terms of main and subreceiver?  You can always use the RX366
as the "main" receiver.  One beautiful thing about the Orion is total
control flexibility in assigning antennas/vfo's/audio routing to
either receiver.  With i.f. output off the RX366, what wouldn't you be
able to do panadpter-wise?

Barry N1EU