Re: [TenTec] Model 318 Amplifier Key Interface

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 318 Amplifier Key Interface
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:55:22 +0100
Identify the make and model number of the relay inside the amp and look up
the specs for its maximum switching time.

Actually I'll bet the Kenwood at least has delay for keying the first dit.
I know my TS-480 did and that's a 10 year old design at least.

The Model 318 specs say: "The 318 Interface was designed for direct
connection to a TEN-TEC Eagle transceiver."

They also say: "The model 318 Amplifier Keying Interface provides an
excellent means of keying a non-QSK amplifier from a full QSK transceiver.

It is not clear to me if the 318 is to work with "any" QSK transceiver or
only Ten-Tec transceivers.

James, that is exactly why I prefer using an external keyer and external
time sequencing.  Then you can connect ANY transceiver to ANY amp.  To
answer your question, I would want to see the instruction manual of the
TS-590 AND the manual of the Model 318.  I haven't found the 318 manual
online yet.

73
Rick, DJ0IP