Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Opt.3 Problem

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Opt.3 Problem
From: Gary Winkelman <n2um@live.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:04:37 -0500
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:29:59 -0500
From: "Phil Chambley, Sr." <k4dpk@comcast.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>

"Flaky C-31 is a very common occurrence.  You might try some contact cleaner
down inside it and rotate it back and forth to scrub it.  If that doesn't
make it smooth, it needs changing."

*I took Phil's advise.  I put some contact cleaner on the end of a Q-tip,
then set it on top of C31 for a couple minutes.  I did not soak the
capacitor but I'm sure some got down in there.  After removing the Q-tip, I
exercised the capacitor several times.  C31 feels much smoother now and I
found that I could get the readout to within 13Hz of WWV without the PLL
dropping out as before when I tried to adjust C31.  Hopefully this remedy
removed the corrosion or whatever and will last a while.*
*
*
*I'd like to thank everyone that replied to my original plea for help.
 Once again, this mailing list has proved itself invaluable!*
*
*
*733, Gary  N2UM*