[TenTec] RX366 Manual: no mention of IF ouput

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX366 Manual: no mention of IF ouput
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:41:16 -0500
Hello Mike,

If you look at the picture on the website with the labels showing cable 4,
5, 6, 13; or picture T in the manual, you might notice a TMP connector that
is right next to the left post holding the filter cover on. There is a
screw through the filter cover, that screws into a post. Right next to that
post is a TMP connector. Right next to the F2 text. I believe it is marked
as connector # 15 in the drawing. I am in Orlando at Hamcation, so all I
have to go by is the picture.

That is the 9MHz IF Output. All you need is a cable with two TMP male
connectors on the ends. One goes to this connection, and the other goes to
the a TMP on the back panel connector board.
If you look at Picture I, you will notice the back panel connector board is
vertical, and you will see a row of 3 TMP connectors on it. Two have
something already inserted, and the closest to the bottom of the picture
doesn't have anything in it. Plug the other end of the TMP connector going
to the 9MHz IF connector of the RX366 TXRX board cnx 15, to this one.

This connector is linked to the SPARE RCA jack connector on the back of the
Orion 565 and Orion II 566.
Then, all you need is a cable with an RCA connector on one end, and a BNC
on the other to go to the LP-PAN (or whatever you use.)

We are in the process of updating the manual, and will have this outlined
there as well.

Thanks for the interest,
John Henry

I was perusing the RX366 Installation and Operation Manual (74467 Rx366
V1.4 1-18-12 Instructions.pdf) on the Ten-Tec website, and couldn't find
mention of the IF output. Was I simply unable to find mention of the IF
output, or was it overlooked by the author? Is the connector that is
cryptically labeled "Your text here" the IF output? What is the
recommendation for bringing the IF outside the enclosure?

Thanks,

Mike Alexander - N8MSA