Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - No transmit power output 10 meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - No transmit power output 10 meters
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:45:20 -0500
I have been having a similar issue with my Jupiter, and in fact it is
home  after recent TT service for the problem, but the problem still
exists and as far as I have checked, exists on all bands  I first
noticed when using the radio for digital modes that I would after a bit
(15 -30 minutes) either lose power out either temporarily or
permanently.  It  happened again when I attempted to play in the WPX
RTTY this weekend.  Symptoms are a loss of power.  In some instances, it
will return, but that is just a temporary cure,  It repeats until
finally I have no output.

In an attempt to define the parameters of the loss, it appears that the
loss affects both digital modes through the line input, using VOX  as
well as CW using a key.  In both these instances, the transmit indicator
indicates I am transmitting but the power indicator on the screen and
the power meter on my tuner indicate no output.

If the the Jupiter is repowered, most of the time, output will return
temporarily.  If the Jupiter is reset, output power has returned each
time but again only for a short time.    I have not seen this problem
when operating SSB, but have not yet tested to see if SSB works after
the power loss in digital or CW modes.

Has anyone seen this problem or do the symptoms point to any circuit
within the transceiver?

John / WA1JG