[TenTec] Cleaning band switches Triton IV Digital

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Cleaning band switches Triton IV Digital
From: Rich Jones <michjonezee@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:56:03 -0800 (PST)
I have noticed the band switch is not allowing the receive (transmit) to come
through at times , wiggling the band knob helps correct this problem.  Obvious
to me, dirty switch wafers.  I notice the wafers are the white ones with no
obvious access to the silver plates/contacts.  Does anyone have a solution to
access with D-Oxide, etc?  I remember a friend who destroyed a Corsair by not
cleaning the wafers properly.  Thanks for any suggestions, Rich K8UV