Re: [TenTec] extra whining

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] extra whining
From: wade staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:13:14 -0600
*The Advanced test was a real Bugger Bear. I believe that everyone who took
it will agree with that. Yes, the new Extra test is much easier ( Just took
it and passed with Computer software ) Lots easier than when I took the
Advanced and then Extra ( or so it seemed to me ). But, you are 100%
correct that all you need to do is what is required at the time the test is
given. My issue is with the folks who have an Extra Class Ticket and don't
know how to even turn on an Ohm Meter and think I am speaking a different
language when talking about SWR, ERP, or even Repeater Offsets on 2 meters.
A guy in our club bought a radio and was going to send it back because it
would not key the local repeater. I setup the proper CTCSS Tone for him and
all was well. ( PL tone for us older guys ) This guy has a General Class
ticket. So, my question is simple, where have all the Elmers gone?*
*
Wade/KJ4WS*