Re: [TenTec] WTB Argosy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB Argosy
From: "J. W. (Dub) Thornton" <dub@atlinkwifi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:21:00 -0600
Hey Joe:

I have been watching your search for the ideal "farm" rig.  I have an
Argosy 525 Digital that would possibly suit your needs.  It looks
purty good for a rig of its age.  Front panel is fine, top has a few
small scratches in the paint, nothing big.  It puts out full
power.  Has a couple of mods I have done.  I replaced the A.F. power
pot, with a dual concentric pot so I could add RF gain, which it
badly needs.  I also installed the 10 amp, fast acting circuit
breaker in the rear panel, which is necessary when not using a Ten
Tec power supply, to protect the finals from drawing too much
current.    I would like $250.00 for the radio.  I have the matching
Ten Tec PS as well, however, I always carried a small, surplus, rack
mount PS that can usually be found at hamfests for $10.00 or
less.  With the fast acting circuit breaker I have mounted in rear
panel, you can use any 12/13.8 volt PS, and the radios finals will be
protected from over current draw.    I can send pix, if desired?  73 Dub

At 04:58 PM 2/17/2012, you wrote:
>Analog or Digital. Contact off-line.
>
>Joe

J. W.  (Dub) Thornton  K5DUB