Re: [TenTec] Some progress made! --Omni D low to no power

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Some progress made! --Omni D low to no power
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:00:23 +0100
Mike,

I've seen crystal filters go bad a few times.
It is possible that even with a bad filter there might be enough leakage
around the filter to still hear something in the speaker.

The Triton did not have a second filter option.
There is only one.

I wish the broken Trition I bought for 80 bucks had only had a broken Xtal.
Mine had a blown final.
It never advanced beyond the stage of a 10w QRP rig.
It was a great rig for running off of batteries in emergencies.

I left it and the tornados behind in Oklahoma when I moved back to Germany
last year.

73
Rick, DJ0IP