Re: [TenTec] Omni C

To: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:09:54 -0500

OK.   I have three drawings here regarding this VFO question, Omni A-D download
manual,
Model 243 Remote Vfo Manual (Manual states it is for the Omni series
transceivers) and
Corsair II.

All three show a Molex 9 pin accessory connector.  That's common.

Common pin assignments are:
pin 1 - T voltage
pin 2 - plus regulated voltage
pin 3 - plus 13 volts
pin 4 - shift (Omni it is  called REM VFO)
pin 8 - ground

Different pin assignments are:
Omni:
pin 5 - local oscillator out (for frequency counter)
pin 6 - relay common
pin 7 - relay normally open
pin 9 - relay normally closed
243 VFO:
pin 5 - local oscillator in
pin 6 - no connection
pin 7 - no connection
pin 9 - no connection
Corsair II:
pin 5 - R voltage
pin 6 - Corsair VFO enable (note indicates this pin must be jumpered to pin 2
when remote
           vfo is not being used.)
pin 7 - relay normally open
pin 9 - relay normally closed
(relay common is internally grounded in Corsair)

Hope this helps.

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY