[TenTec] Orion - Version 3.30

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion - Version 3.30
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <charleswshaw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:34:04 +0000
Hi to All,

        I'm adding my thanks to John Henry and Ten-Tec for Version 3 and the
new sub-receiver.  Great work and superior service.  Thank you!

        Personally the only thing I have greatly missed (and still do) is
the lack of a dedicated RF Gain Control.  In my exclusive CW
operation, the Multi Control is overworked. It causes me to make
quite a few mistakes.  Reversing the type of function between the TF
and AF Gain Controls would suit me fine.  I haven't thought through
how this would affect the sub-receiver though.

        Besides that, the only other thing I can say is that I hope to live
long enough to get an ORION 3 that also has 6 meters on it.

Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM