Re: [TenTec] RF Gain control

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Gain control
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:23:53 -0500
As a Jupiter owner, I have to live with a common control for AF & RF
gain.  It ain't that bad.  Standard operation for me is to set the AF
gain slight higher than would seem normal.  Then switch to RF gain and
back the noise down.  Noise just disappears and the signal stands out.
Pretty much most of the time, I am listening to a signal standing out
from a noise free background.

John / WA1JG