Re: [TenTec] Argosy current draw

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy current draw
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:31:15 +0200
Thanks Mike.

I am surprised that it is still so high after everything is switched off.
It's been about 33 years, but as best as I can recall, when I switched off
everything on my Omni A, it got down to about 250 mA.   I could not get it
as low as the Argonaut 509, but still it was decent.

800mA  on RX is simply too high for working off of a small battery.
For a car battery you could work quite some time, but not from a motorcycle
battery or similar.

I've worked off of a motorbike's battery about 50 or 60 times.
I had to push the bike to get it started about 4 or 5 times.
I was able to operate the radio for many hours before it came to that, but I
had my RX current drain down at about 150 mA.

73
Rick