Re: [TenTec] FS: 500 Hz CW filter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: 500 Hz CW filter
From: "Robb Urie" <rurie@mywdo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:41:35 -0600
Scott,

It would work in the Orion, but there really is no advantage to using it
since there is the Inrad 600 Hz filter that replaced the original 1kHz.
There
was some discussion several years back on this reflector comparing both
filters and the consensus was the IMD was better with the Inrad.  I found
that the noise floor seemed to be higher when switching the 500 in/out
compared to the 600...might just be me.

I found that after installing the Inrad, I never used a bandwidth lower than
350 Hz, so I removed the 500 and 250 filters that I got from TT.  The
250 went into my Omni 6+, but I still don't use it much.

Up to you if you would like to try it.

Hope you are enjoying the Orion.

73,

Robb