[TenTec] WTB 1254 (or other small inexpensive SW RX) or small inexpensiv

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] WTB 1254 (or other small inexpensive SW RX) or small inexpensive multiband QRP rig
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:31:13 -0500
Greetings All,

As the title says, I'm looking for some small inexpensive gear (Ten-Tec or
otherwise.) It doesn't have to be pristine, "battle scarred"/"experienced" is
OK (preferred) as long as it is priced accordingly, everything works, and it
hasn't been abused or look like it has been dragged down the road by the
power cord or run over by a truck. Price is a concern as the planned
operating environment is unfortunately somewhat dusty/gritty. Here are the
criteria: 1) it needs to be reasonably portable - i.e. able to fit in a small
duffel-type bag along with lunch etc.; 2) enough audio to drive a speaker
(preferably built in); 3) for a shortwave RX, "decent" CW/SSB performance (in
this case, a step up from my current cheapie RS unit - a BFO/product detector
would make CW a _little_ easier to copy!!); 4) homebrew gear considered if
neatly done and properly "debugged"; 5) I'm not sure how well a regen or DC
rig would work unless it is well designed and has good front end bandpass
filters as where it will be used is an industrial/commercial area with lots
of strong broadcast and commercial signals (which the current cheapie RS RX
also doesn't handle very well.)

Does anyone have anything along these lines that they'd like to find a new
home for?

TNX/73, Al