[TenTec] ORION II FSK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ORION II FSK
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:20:20 +0000 (UTC)

I'm setting up RTTY on my Orion II

On my Omni VII, I use FSK via the factory-supplied cable as the red jack
connects to pin 5 of the DIN plug, where FSK is

On the Orion II, the FSK connection is to pin 7 & there is no connection to pin
5

So, the cable is useless to me for this application. I spoke with Paul at
TenTec this  morning & he knows of no source for the cable I need (yes, I could
make one up, but the hands shake a bit, & I'd like to have the neat factory
flat cable, maybe disass emble one and change connectors)

The other choice would be to go into the Orion II & jumper pin 5 to pin7. Then
I'd have a modified rig (again with shaky hands)

Anybody got a better solution, or should I just suck it up, remove a connector,
and replace it with a real plug that will do the job.

Am I cranky? Yes. I absolutely love all thiongs Ten Tec, but this should be a
lot easier given the price & performance class we're in. Then again if I want
to dance on this floor, maybe I must do a little work

73

Dave

WA3F