Re: [TenTec] Repair of Omni VI which had been transmitted into

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Repair of Omni VI which had been transmitted into
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:37:19 -0700 (PDT)
Agreed -- This probably isn't as bad as even a very-low end lightning event
(what the lightning people call a "streamer"). I experienced one of those with
an O II (the one tested by the League) and it was, well, Bad. On the "good
news"
side, it's unlikely that the rx front end presented a good match to the amp
output, so it's also unlikely that a full kW made it in. But, enough certainly
did make it in that this will be a non-trivial job.  Not hopeless by any means,
but something that must be taken on with significant determination.

Kim N5OP