[TenTec] AM on the paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] AM on the paragon
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:53:18 -0400
Boys and girls,

the Paragon project I picked up at Dayton is coming to a end.

Got the display working, the PA is now doing 100 watts on all bands. Audio on
SSB is now fine.

but there is one nagging problem I can't seem to locate----it's the AM rec

It does rec AM, but the signal is quite a bit lower than on SSB

tune in WWV at 10.000

On AM, very little signal, won't move the s-meter

On USB/LSB 20+ on the s-meter

The 4066 is working, there's not much coming into it in the AM mode

Pulled the IF/AF board, checked the AM IF and DET transistors, all just fine.

while I was at it, I put in a new 10 mfd cap in the slow AGC circuit as well.

I can't seem to find a fault, so I'm wonder, is this the way the paragon works
on AM? Doesn't seem right to me.

Any ideas or feedback would be welcome

mike, wb8vge