Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB Net

To: "Greg S" <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB Net
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:46:21 -0500
Glad to do it Greg.  The band was really noisy, I presume due to CME and
solar activity.  I swapped antennas a couple of times to change radiation
angles and such.  Both seemed to perform equally poor on 20M  Hi Hi.

I listened for about 5 mins and didn't hear any activity related to net
business.  I called a couple of times asking if the freq was in use.  No
response.  So I started.  Some signals were quite good and I asked for
stations to relay.  Thanks for the help from the folks that did.  And a big
thanks to all for the discipline on the frequency.

Yes, I'd like to see more activity regarding the Tentec net and John has
done a good job heading up the net and handling same for the past few weeks.
Just that propagation and band conditions haven't been good plus there's
been some activity on the frequency or near such with Special Event
Stations.

Keep trying folks.  We'll make it happen.

73
Bob, K4TAX