[TenTec] FS or FT: Pair of 2591 (Parts Rigs)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS or FT: Pair of 2591 (Parts Rigs)
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:31:30 -0400
Over the course of the last year or so, I've finally managed to glom onto a
working 2591 HT, battery packs, charger & some accessories.

Along the way, I've picked up some extra items that I don't think I'm ever
going to use in the immediate future... so I'd like to offer these for sale
or trade to someone who would be able to use them.

Main part of this package are a pair of 2591's:

One, SN 2166, appears cosmetically intact, almost pristine.  However, the
keyboard doesn't respond, and the display shows four '8's, so I suspect that
a previous owner may have fried the CPU (& whomever put it on a certain
auction site neglected to mention that fact... or didn't know).  Now, I may
be wrong on that conclusion, so if I am, someone who knows what they're
doing may be able to bring it back to life, but I make no guarantees. It
includes a rubber duck antenna, but does NOT include a battery pack.

The other, SN 2408, has clearly seen better days.  It's dirty, looks almost
like it was sitting in a barn for a few years, and when I got it, it WAS
billed as a "parts rig".  No LCD display, otherwise intact.  No antenna on
this one does have a battery pack that won't hold a charge, so I'm also
presuming that the NiCads need replacing.

Along with these I have an owners manual & schematic.  It appears that a
previous owner punched some holes in it for mounting in a binder, but
otherwise is intact & unmarked.

All things considered, I think $60 plus shipping for the lot is fair (yes, I
can send pictures on request).  Or I'm open to a trade, if you have
something of comparable value.

Please email me direct at wn3vaw at verizon dot net if you're interested.

Thanks!

73, ron w3wn