Re: [TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:58:49 -1000
> Gee, Ken.    Your rendition sounds credible and accurate - especially
> describing the ebb and flow of attendees - but I am surprised that some
> of the guys actually return for tear down.  Their stock sure goes up for
> that !  As with our hamfest... most guys who help set up are absent at
> the finish for tear down.

I have never  experienced a lack of enthusiasm for setting up for FD,
though only a few of the enthusiastic people show up sooner than several
hours after the contest operating start time.

I have also never experienced a lack of enthusiasm for eating food and
drinking sodas or standing around TALKING about radio.

The problem (and I know it is only a problem for people who see FD
primarily as a RADIO OPERATING EVENT) is lack of enthusiasm for actually
operating the radios.

The finish and tear down has been a mixed bag for me. Mostly it has not
been too bad.

DE N6KB