Re: [TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii
From: k3miy@csonline.net
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0400
James and others

One way to do this is to listen for CQs. Let somebody else answer, and listen
to the exchanges. You'll get a lot of tips on what to say( and what NOT to
say). Depending upon your "in the head" copying ability, you might want
to listen to a group of guys on 7020 most mornings around 9 AM OR earlier.
This will give you an idea of what goes on among experienced ops. (This is
a good way to increase your copying speed). I did this for years before
I got on the air.
I assume you have a copy of the ARRL Operating manual, which helps with
format.
Hope these tips help 73.

Ron
K3MIY