Re: [TenTec] 229A SWR Circuit

To: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 229A SWR Circuit
From: wade staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 01:09:23 -0500
*You may think I am either Stupid or Crazy but, have you placed you meter
in the R times 1 resistance mode or your digital meter in the Diode Check
mode and touched the leads to the meter connections? In one direction of
the leads the meter should deflect to full scale Really Fast. Do not leave
this connected for more that a quick touch. Most Meters in the above stated
settings will output enough voltage and current to peg the scale on a 200
micro amp meter IMPRESSIVELY. Since 1971 have never blown a meter movement
with this method. If, you suspect the meter, why not make sure?*
*                                 73 de Wade/KJ4WS*