Re: [TenTec] What's wrong with the Ten Tec Scout?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's wrong with the Ten Tec Scout?
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:32:58 -0400
I had a used Scout for several years.  Really liked it and
used it several years, fixed, mobile, and portable.  I had
a lot of fun with it.. Then it started jumping frequency, and
none of the "simple" fixes, like cleaning the contacts on
the band modules, slowing keying speed, using an external
keyer worked.
I searched the usual sources and no one seemed to have
a real cure for the deficiency.  Mine was probably an
early model, and I did get a lot of use from it before
trading it in on an Argo V.
One complaint I have about it and the Argo V is the
lack of an RF gain control, resulting in a "fixed" value
of gain and agc action.
Enjoy your Scout, and remember they still bring a
good price should you want to sell it.

73,
John
k4avx