Re: [TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 22:19:18 +0200
Wow Stuart, using a 30m dipole on 15m is really a worst case scenario.
There is a quick and simple cure for that.
Just fold back each end about 5 ft., simply wrapping the wire back along
itself.
This rapidly sinks the impedance a couple thousand Ohms and it will be much
easier to match.
When I do that, I just use a cable tie as a temporary end insulator at the
point where I fold the wire back on itself.

When you're done, you can easily return the antenna to its original length.

I've been in a lot of clubs here, but I could never get any of them to use
Ten-Tec radios.
I've successfully converted several into using the antennas I recommend, but
not the Ten-Tecs.

Right now my current club doesn't even hold an organized FD event.
Had to go it alone this time.
Not quite the same.
The XYL didn't even join me. :(

73