Re: [TenTec] Dumb Omni VI question regarding split A/B

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dumb Omni VI question regarding split A/B
From: "Gert Meinen" <pa3aav@hetnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:21:50 -0000
Pete,

Switch to VFO A with the A/B button.
Tune in on the DX station.
Briefly push the LOCK button, the red LED left next to the LOCK button now lights up.
You now have locked VFO A on the frequency of the DX station.
Push the SPLIT button, the red LED left next the frequency display lights and you now listen on the VFO A frequency and transmit on the VFO B frequency. If you now push and hold the REV A B button, while at the same time you turn the tuning knob you can listen UP (or maybe DOWN) to try to hear the station the DX station is working at the moment. Try to figure out the tuning pattern of the DX station and place your VFO B frequency on the spot where you think the DX station will be listening next and make your call at the right time.
Good change you are in the DX stations log soon.

Good luck,

73 Gert,  PA3AAV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Bertini" <radioconnection@cox.net>