Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Tuning Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Tuning Problem
From: "Ariel M. Elam" <k4aal@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:39:15 -0500
Hi John-
Over 14 years ago i had a similar problem with my 6+. This is from memory. Check the RIT control to see that it works correctly. Open the rig and unplug the RIT pair from the board. Next unplug the main tuning pair from the board and substitute the RIT pair for the main tuning pair. If the RIT control now operates as main control- correctly- your main encoder is bad. Order a new encoder from Ten-Tec. I think the wire numbers were in the 50's, perhaps one was 56. I cannot remember exactly. This info came from Ten-Tec service department.

Let us hear the results

73,

Ariel, k4aal