[TenTec] BACK FROM MY PILGRIMAGE TO HQ ...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] BACK FROM MY PILGRIMAGE TO HQ ...
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:45:59 -0400
HI GANG -

BACK FROM A PILGRIMAGE TO TT HQ ...

My friend Tom (an engine design engineer for Chrysler...) and I visited TenTec HQ, and received a warm welcome from Stan Brock, who gave us a nice slow tour of the plant, and it was nice to see Garry and Jim working hard in the Service Dept. I thanked Garry for his kind guidance as I have built several TT kits in the past year or so. My friend Tom enjoyed the tour as much as I did, as he works in manufacturing, and understood what much of the tooling and die and similar equipment does.

I purchased some goodies:

*  A Model 238C Antenna Tuner
*  500 Hz CW filter for my Omni VII
*  300 Hz CW Filter for my Omni VII
*  A pair of red knob rings - just for fun, I like the
     color accent they provide
*  A pile of different size metal project boxes
     for future use.

Nice visit... great service... Stan was cordial and patient as I hesitated and worried and fretted before pulling the trigger on the Model 238C tuner. (I have two large sized Palstar tuners, so it is not like I don't have a tuner...) I was pleased to briefly see our good friend John Henry and thank him for his work, and for the personalized treatment he has given me.

Yep... my only regret was that I was 9 days ahead of the big TT hamfest, and could not meet some of the guys on this list. Maybe next year.

Happy days, y'all.