[TenTec] Eagle Firmware version

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle Firmware version
From: "Michael A. Goltz" <whomike@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:22:17 -0400
Hello to all.
I have a new Eagle. Here are a couple of "new owner" questions--
I just received the rig from Ten Tec a few days ago. I love it and I have
learned the menu functions pretty well. It blows away anything I have ever
used-- (CW at my QTH forever!).
I am curious-how do I tell what software version was factory installed? Or what
software version it is currently using? Or am I unable to see it (?)
Another query- I am tempted to leave the software alone. Is there a great
advantage to upgrading to the latest software version? Should I care one way or
another?
I don't want to make an error  and "brick" my new radio! I saw on another Eagle
user group where a guy did just that. I am pretty computer literate but all it
takes is one wrong move!!
Thanks for any responses. Either here or off reflector would be appreciated!
Mike N8MRS (ex N8CRF)