Re: [TenTec] Orion II failure

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II failure
From: Rod Greene <w7zrc@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 08:03:06 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Carl and Mike for your suggestions. I have verified that I have a good
13.8 vdc supply voltage. I also replaced the battery and removed the front
panel and cleaned the connectors. No joy ... Now the problem has settled down
to not powering up at all. It has tried to power up but would not complete the
cycle. So, I called Ten Tec Service this morning and they think it is probably
the capacitor problem. I will probably send it in to them today.

If I cannot find a good backup rig, I will miss CW SS this weekend for the
first time in a long run .... Oh well.

73, and thanks for the suggestions.
Rod/w7zrc