Re: [TenTec] Orion II: nothing at startup

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II: nothing at startup
From: Rod Greene <w7zrc@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:34:47 -0800 (PST)
Good afternoon,

I just had a similar problem with my Orion II. I replaced the battery, removed
the front panel, cleaned and reseated all the connectors, but the real problem
was the 470mfd caps on the regulator board. One was obvious as one end was
pushed out. I replace all three (thanks Denton for the caps). All is well now.
Just my situation - others will vary.

Thanks to all for the suggestions including Gary at Ten Tec Service.

73, Rod/w7zrc