Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:05:05 +0000
Just a few comments:

1.  I only use 3900hz tx BW when I'm on AM.  It might be worth
checking whether you are actually gaining any tx fidelity in SSB by
increasing from 3.0 to 3.9Khz on the Orion.

2.  TX EQ 0 DB sounds VERY bassy to me, but perhaps it depends on the
mic.  I keep TX EQ between -10 and -15dB

I agree on turning off SP.  If you do run SP on the Orion, it's
important to minimize the bass content of the audio going into the
processor.  The processor won't work correctly if there's too much low
freq content - you can hear it in the monitor.

73,
Barry N1EU